Firebase is popular software suite that enable mobile developers to quickly and easily add server-side functionality to apps: authentication, data storage, and more. This course explores some of the most useful services in the Firebase SDK for iOS app development. Instructor Bear Cahill starts by showing how to set up a project in the Firebase console and integrate the SDK in Xcode. Then he shows how to use Firebase for user account creation and authentication. Next, he introduces three different solutions for data storage—Realtime Database, Cloud Storage, and Firestore—and shows how to create, read, update, and delete data from these sources. Finally, discover resources to explore additional Firebase functionality, including messaging and analytics.
- Creating a new project and app
- Installing Firebase CocoaPods
- Configuring authentication with Firebase
- Building the Firebase authentication UI
- Configuring data storage with Firebase Realtime Database
- Storing files in Cloud Storage
- Working with data from Firestore