I didn’t get too far before I started looking also at Laravel. But I wanted to post my CI related notes as I have them so far.
Again, I’m using MAMP and you can read my previous post about Parse.com/MAMP here.
Some tutorials (I didn’t go thru these, but wanted to ref them for later): http://www.catswhocode.com/blog/awesome-tutorials-to-master-codeigniter
11 video tutorials: I did go thru these and they were helpful:
MAMP Apache has it already. Remaining steps…
1. Create/edit .htaccess at the project base did and add the contents from:
2. Change ‘RewriteBase /‘ to add the project did on the end like ‘RewriteBase /CIProject/‘
3. Edit config.php under the /application/config dir
– set $config[‘index_page’] = ‘’;
4. Extra: Add this to a php file to find out the php info (including mod_rewrite):
Some other notes for historical purposes…
Auto-load a library:
— ‘libraries’ – examples there
– create database via phpMyAdmin: http://localhost:8888/MAMP/?language=English
— settings: hostname, username, password, etc.